I'm a Researcher in the Department of Mathematics at Uppsala University, specialising in geometric analysis, particularly when applied to problems coming from general relativity. I am particularly interested geometric inequalities and the problem of quasi-local mass.
Anyone interested in learning more about the geometric or analytic aspects of general relativity, feel free to drop me an email. I'm always happy to chat!
My specialisation is geometric analysis, however most of my research is inspired and guided by general relativity. I am particularly interested in the problem of quasi-local mass, which amounts to determining a measure of the total mass or energy contained in a region of finite extent in some spacetime. Tangentially related to this, I am also interested in geometric inequalities analgous to isoperimetric-type inequalities, motivated by physical considerations via general relativity.
Publications and Preprints
- 2021 -- Quasi-local Penrose inequalities with electric charge, Int. Math. Res. Not. rnab215. (With P.-N. Chen)
https://doi.org/10.1093/imrn/rnab215 (arXiv link:2002.04557)
- 2021 -- Stability of a quasi-local positive mass theorem for graphical hypersurfaces of Euclidean space, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 374. (With A. Alaee and A. J. Cabrera Pacheco)
https://doi.org/10.1090/tran/8297 (arXiv link:1911.12343)
- 2021 -- The Hilbert manifold of asymptotically flat metric extensions, Gen. Relativ. Gravit. 53(14).
https://doi.org/10.1007/s10714-021-02785-4 (Open Access)
- 2020 -- Gluing Bartnik extensions, continuity of the Bartnik mass, and the equivalence of definitions, Pacific J. Math. 304(2).
doi.org/10.2140/pjm.2020.304.629 (arXiv link: 1805.09792)
- 2019 -- On the charged Riemannian Penrose inequality with charged matter, Class. Quantum Gravity, 37(1).
doi.org/10.1088/1361-6382/ab50a8 (arXiv link:1907.07967)
- 2019 -- On the evolution of the spacetime Bartnik mass, Pure Appl. Math. Q. 15(3). (With P. Miao. Special issue in honour of Robert Bartnik.)
(doi.org/10.4310/PAMQ.2019.v15.n3.a6 arXiv link: 1902.02284)
- 2019 -- On a Penrose-like inequality in dimensions less than eight, Int. Math. Res. Not. 2019(7). (With P. Miao)
doi.org/10.1093/imrn/rnx181 (arXiv link:1701.04805)
- 2018 -- Asymptotically hyperbolic extensions and an analogue of the Bartnik mass, J. Geom. Phys. 132. (With A. J. Cabrera Pacheco, and C. Cederbaum)
doi.org/10.1016/j.geomphys.2018.06.010 (arXiv link:1802.03331)
- 2018 -- On a Minkowski-like inequality for asymptotically flat static manifolds, Proc. Am. Math. Soc. 146
doi.org/10.1090/proc/14047 (arXiv link:1709.06550)
2017 -- Asymptotically flat extensions of CMC Bartnik data, Class. Quantum grav. 34(10) (With A. J. Cabrera Pacheco, C. Cederbaum, and P. Miao)
doi.org/10.1088/1361-6382/aa6921 (arXiv link:1612.05241)
- 2017 -- The asymptotically flat scalar-flat Yamabe problem with boundary, J. Geom. Anal. 27(3)
doi.org/10.1007/s12220-017-9760-0 (Open Access)
- 2015 -- A note on mass-minimising extensions, Gen. Rel. Grav. 47(12).
DOI: 10.1007/s10714-015-1993-2 (Open Access)
- 2014 -- First law of black hole mechanics as a condition for stationarity, Phys. Rev. D 90.
DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevD.90.104034 (arXiv link:1406.7480)
- 2014 -- The phase space for the Einstein-Yang-Mills equations and the first law of black hole thermodynamics, Adv. Theor. Math. Phys. 18.
DOI: 10.4310/ATMP.2014.v18.n4.a2 (Open Access)
I am not currently teaching any courses.